Last year I wondered aloud in a blog post, “What does the word ‘reflection” mean to you?” and I was extremely pleased with the comments and responses I received. Thanks again to everyone who read and responded! Now, I have a new set of questions and another request. I am particularly interested in what information and ideas “newbies” to reflection would find most useful and helpful. What do you think?
Questions that come to mind:
- Are there any quotes related to reflective practice that you have found particularly helpful/memorable/insightful?
- What has motivated you to get involved in reflective practice?/What has prevented you from getting involved?
- Any “must reads” related to reflective practice?
- What do you wish you knew about reflective practice when you first started teaching?
- What questions do you have about reflective practice? (I can’t promise I will answer them!)
- What does the word “reflection” mean to you?
Finally, in case you are wondering why I am suddenly asking such questions perhaps this link will explain things a bit.